Due to unexpected circumstances, we are looking for a manager to complete the 2017 season. This position would run from the present until October 15th (End of season).
Nimrod’s Campground manager is employed by the Saint Mary’s Fish & Game Association, and will report to the president, the directors, and the bookkeeper.
The manager is responsible for all aspects of the campground, including answering telephone inquiries, checking in guests, sales of ice, firewood, snacks etc., handling cash, keeping accurate records, janitorial duties, grounds keeping and general maintenance.
The applicant needs to take pride in their work and in the presentation and success of the campground. Nimrod’s campground has 60 sites, most with power & water.
Personal Attributes Include:
- Greeting and processing campers in a professional and helpful manner.
- Going ‘above and beyond’ to ensure the camper’s experience is a memorable one.
- Being knowledgeable in the local area to promote tourism.
- Ensuring a high level of security is kept for the safety of campers and the grounds.
- Walking the grounds and being visually present and interactive with guests.
- Enforcing rules and regulations in a professional, calm, assertive way.
Basic computer skills required. Must be able to answer emails, update Facebook page, and actively promote the campground by attracting guests and caravans.
Must be physically capable to complete the required work in all aspects of running a campground including grounds maintenance, garbage pick-up, cleaning washrooms, painting etc.
Must be a handyman, capable of general maintenance, minor repairs on plumbing, machinery, lawn equipment, buildings etc. Basic carpentry skills are required.
Must be a problem solver to identify and prevent issues before they happen, repair problems as quickly as possible and report unresolved issues to president/directors.
Must be able to train, supervise and work with summer student.
Knowledge of a second language, a background in management, grounds keeping, sales or marketing would be considered as assets.
Application & Deadline:
- Please include your qualifications, job history and references.
- Please Include Salary Expectations
- Selected manager will need to provide a RCMP Security Check and Child Abuse Registry check.
- Manager must provide own vehicle, proof of a valid license, insurance, and vehicle registration.
- This position requires manager to live at campground for the entire season (residence provided at no charge).
Applications may be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or mailed to:
P.O. Box 86 Sherbrooke, Nova Scotia
You can download a PDF of this job description here here.